THE CHALDEAN OF IRAQ
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

THE CHALDEAN OF IRAQ

The website of the academic researcher: SIRWAN BEHNAN

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  البوابةالبوابة  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول  

How to write essay/Sirwan Behnan

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Sirwan Shabi
Admin

عدد الرسائل : 934
تاريخ التسجيل : 04/10/2007

How to write essay/Sirwan Behnan Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: How to write essay/Sirwan Behnan   How to write essay/Sirwan Behnan Icon_minitimeالإثنين أبريل 27, 2009 4:46 pm

The topic (college writing from paragraph to essay)

Explanation

An explanation tells what something means or how something works. In this paragraph, underline the topic sentence. Then answer the questions.

The paragraph

A stitch in time saves nine. My mother , who likes to sew, used this simple saying to teach me the value of working on problems when they are still small. Originally the saying referred to sewing_ if you have a small hole in a shirt, you can repair it with one stitch. But if you wait, the hole will get larger, and it will take you nine stitches. This simple sentence reminds me to take care of small problems before they become big problems.

A.) What is the writer trying to explain?

B.) Is she successful? Do you understand the explanation? Yes /no

Example: An example is a specific person, place, thing, or event that supports an idea or statement.

This paragraph includes an example from the writer’s own experience. Underline the topic sentence.

The paragraph

Even when a first meeting is a disaster, a couple can still become good friends. For example, my first meeting with Greg was terrible. I thought he was coming to pick me up at 6:30 , but instead he came at 6:00 . I didn’t have time to fix my hair, and my make-up looked sloppy. When I got into his car, I scraped my leg against the car door and tore my stocking. Next, he took me to an Italian restaurant for dinner, and I accidentally dropped some spaghetti on my shirt. Then we went to a movie. Greg asked me which movie I wanted to see, and I chose a romantic comedy. He fell asleep during the movie, and I got angry. Now that Greg and I are good friends, we can look back and laugh at how terrible that first meeting was! .
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
http://sirwanbabylon.phpbb9.com

How to write essay/Sirwan Behnan
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Essay about:The financial crisis in America
» The pros and cons of film watching(essay)
» Essay about Niagara Falls and my favorite place
» Write a composition about parks

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
THE CHALDEAN OF IRAQ :: النافذة الالكترونية للباحث الاكاديمي سيروان شابي بهنان :: Learn English تعلم اللغة الأنكليزية للمبتدئين-
انتقل الى: